Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Short Week!

Hope you had a nice Presidents' Day Weekend. I'm always glad to see that we honor one of my favorite Presidents, George Washington. It's a short week, but spring will be upon us, and I would like to get underway with our Civil War Park very soon. That means we will be flying through the next few chapters. Expect a chapter test this Friday.

I hope you are looking ahead to possible things for your class to do. My 5th Period class has an interest in Civil War Prison Camps, and they are already looking for letters, journals, and other primary source documents. If you want your class to get to do this, I am expecting you to find the subject matter. I have already told you that the field hospital scene will not be done this year, nor will we do any particular battle reenactments. We are looking more for things going on around the war than the actual war itself. Look through your book, look on the Internet, and talk to people who have an interest in the Civil War. We need ideas right away, because you will also have to come up with costuming, props, etc.

1 comment:

  1. It is a great help to have this blog so when I forget my notes or something i can just look them up. Thank you so much. You are a great help to all your students.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive